Friday, April 16, 2010

Destiny

I gazed in disgust upon the decaying building, the faint glow of the street lamps casting their muted yellow light over the filthy brick walls. Apprehensively I glanced about the decomposing surroundings, all of the buildings seemed to match. With their worn exteriors, many missing glass in their window panes.

Worry embedded itself deep inside my gut as I hesitantly made my way up the cement walk. Each forward step carrying me closer to the rotting wooden stairs, and closer to the grating tinny sounds of Smoke on the Water. That vibrated the brick of this detestable building. Music, that echoed quietly through the urine and burnt rubber smelling air. One final glance upwards gave me a closer look at the filthy windows of the dimly lit upstairs, I wondered to myself if possibly the owner lived up there. I certainly couldn’t or more aptly wouldn’t, especially as a series of sirens blasted from somewhere in the distance, police giving chase to some criminal.

The worn wooden boards groaned in protest beneath my weight leaving me concerned that at any moment they may give in and send me crashing to the floor below. Not that I had to worry of injury or death, still something about this place left me feeling worried. Especially as I glanced out of the corner of my eye at the empty parking lot.


Was I unwittingly setting myself up for failure, did I truly intend to invest my monies into this white elephant? I didn’t know. The closer to the door I came, the more I couldn’t seem to quiet my mind. Nor could I discern my reasoning for even having come to this desolate part of the city. Irritably I reached for the door and gave it a push, the loud strains of the pulsating music slamming against my ears and intermixing with the sounds of men and women attempting to talk through their drunken haze.

I hadn’t thought it possible, but the inside was worse for wear, the scent of mold, stale cigarette smoke and spilt alcohol intermixing into a nauseating combination. How could these obviously loyal patrons stand this place, I quietly wondered, glancing around in disdain for the uncouth owner. My vision falling upon the obese biker who at the moment stood in a corner lasciviously looking at a thick blond. I imagined whatever he had said to her made her cringe, as she dropped her vision to the ground. The brief musing quickly dispelled as she flirtatiously giggled and walked away.

“You Marcel?” his gravelly voice assaulted my ears as his rotten breath assaulted my nose. Inquisitively I looked upon the overweight man, his hair covered stomach hung from beneath the too small leather vest. Quickly I invaded his thoughts in an attempt to discern what I was contending with, a faint smile crossing my lips. It was as I suspected from his uneducated greeting, the man was as dimwitted as a cow and I suspected a cow would be more intelligent.

“Whad’da ya think of the place?” he questioned, his fat wet tongue sliding unconsciously from his mouth and hurriedly grabbing some unknown morsel from the thick course hair on his face. In disgust I looked at him, fighting the urge to run as quickly as I could from this trap.

I nearly gagged as the foul man inclined his face towards my own, the scent of rotting teeth and a serious lack of hygiene engulfing me. “To be honest man, I need to get the fuck outta this place and quick,” he mumbled trying to keep his voice low. “I got the pigs on my ass so if you want it I would be more than willing to give it to ya dirt cheap.” He finished, looking about uncomfortably.

Thoroughly disgusted I was just about to decline him, when a cool rush of air and the loud laughter of women drew my attention towards the door.

The sounds must have caught Jayden's attention as well, for when I looked towards him his attention was focused in the same direction. When did he arrive? I Silently wondered, privately wishing he had been here earlier, for I desired his opinion on the place.

If I had been capable of breathing it would have caught in my throat and my heart would have stopped as my vision fell upon the young blond. This was the reason I was here this dreadful night, as Arianne had promised so many years before. I would meet the one of my future. I was enthralled to say the least and made up my mind then and there that I would take the place. With a quiet whisper to the disgusting sod, he hurried away his heavy footfalls, thundering across the floor as he made his way towards the back to gather the paper work that would transfer ownership to me.

“This place is so seedy,” the brunette on the right whispered unsurely as she glanced about in nervousness at the surroundings.

“Who cares, I see plenty worth hanging around for,” the red head predatorily growled, her sharp gaze landing squarely upon my dear Jayden.

“I don’t see why you even bother getting dressed Meggie…” The object of my attention giggled, her voice seemingly shattering the moment it hit the air. Each crystalline piece shooting through me and ensnaring my soul.

My legs felt unusually heavy as I took a tentative step forward, humor twinkling in my eyes as Jayden did his best to lure the leggy red head. Although her intense gaze in his direction told me he did not need to use his charms against her, for the look of blatant sexual hunger was plainly visible on her face.

Our gazes met, my dark chocolate and her icy blue. The dim red light highlighting her porcelain skin, she smiled ever so faintly and I wondered if she too knew. Her heartbeat, its steady rhythm echoing through my own body. As I lost myself within her softness, her warmth. My personal angel, the thought was startling to even I yet I knew without a doubt this was the only in which could save me. The only that would keep the darkness at bay, my one and only love in this eternal life.

I was enchanted, her thoughts her beauty intoxicating my very being. As I forced my legs to obey my will and move forward. Suddenly the air changed in aroma, the pungent, nauseating odor fading into the nearly over powering scent of night blooming Jasmine. Arianne’s signature, in the depths of my mind I knew she was here. Her invisable hand pushing me forward. Destiny would take it’s course…

2 comments:

S@n said...

:O this was hypnotic!! Every word was so beautiful told...I just wanted to keep on reading.

I was literally transported to that ugly place... nobody can describe places and smells like you do!! I'm so jealous! Really, with some other writers I get bored while reading all their descriptions, but you truly bring a place/scene to live with each of your descriptions!

I can't believe those three beautiful girls would be hanging in a place like that...
looking back (from where Jay is right now) he has grown a lot.. he has definitely awaken...

Wonderful job!

cheripye said...

thank you so much S@ndy! again I posted this at the original blog but these two shorts really were to interesting to keep hidden. LOL!

Yes Jay has awakened! Thanks again!!!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP